When it comes to residential roof storm damage, experienced, trained roof technicians should be the ones to determine if a roof has been damaged. Here are a few reasons why:
- Hail damage can be subtle and unapparent to the untrained eye
- Need to be educated in state codes and insurance procedures to determine damage and corresponding coverage
- Capable of identifying storm-related damage more quickly and readily
- Experienced in working with insurance adjusters
- Will help you get fair insurance settlement
Storm-related damage is no small matter. According to the National Weather Service, hail storms – one cause of storm-related damage– account for $1 billion in damages on properties in the United States each year. If your roof is damaged, it can erode and weather much faster, which will shorten its life expectancy– and leave you with expensive roof replacement needs.